The Save the Dream Ohio program has two components:
- Mortgage Assistance, which is administered by The Ohio Housing Finance Agency (OHFA)
- Utility Assistance Plus (UAP), which is administered on OHFA's behalf by local Community Action Agencies (Community Action Akron Summit)
The Utilities Assistance Plus (UAP) program is designed to prevent homeowners experiencing financial hardship from losing utilities or home energy services due to the inability to pay stemming from a COVID hardship.
The following utilities are eligible for payment through the UAP program:
- Natural gas, electricity, bulk fuel, water, sewer, trash removal, broadband internet service and disconnection and reconnection fees.
Property taxes can be paid when the following applies:
- The property taxes are paid directly to the taxing authority rather than through an escrow arrangement with a mortgage company.
The following homeowner fees are eligible for payment through UAP program:
- Homeowners insurance, flood insurance, mortgage insurance, homeowner’s association fees or lien, and condominium association fees.
Family size adjustments & income eligibility criteria
|1 person||2 person||3 person||4 person||5 person||6 person||7 person||8 person|
Assistance available for Ohio homeowners impacted by COVID-19
Homeowners that need mortgage assistance and property taxes that are held in escrow should go to The Ohio Housing Finance Agency (OHFA) website, Save the Dream Ohio - Managed by the Ohio Housing Finance Agency (ohiohome.org) where the homeowner can apply for assistance with their mortgage and property taxes if they are in escrow.